Lamar van dusen marketing your business should be a consistent priority daily. The importance of spreading the word. Your product or service can be the difference between success and failure. As a home-based or small business owner, you will wear many hats. This will include worker, manager, janitor, receptionist, order taker and a host of other duties.
Lamar van dusen can get so caught up in being the worker for the business that we forget we also have to be the visionary and the planner – the role that gives the business guidance and ensures its longevity.
Consistent marketing and promotion not only help in branding your business, but it can also help with the following:
o Keeping current clients/customers informed of new products/services
o Bringing in a stream of new clients, which is vital for business growth
o Encourages and motivates you to keep up with trends in your industry
o Creates a vision for your business.
o Adds professionalism and sets a standard for your business
Lamar van dusen Commitment to your marketing efforts is key. A minimum of 2 hours daily should be given to marketing. This can include: calling current customers and updating them on product specials or new services; creating brochures or flyers to mail out to potential customers; participating in community events or finding new avenues of advertising.
Following are 8 ways that you can market and promote your business:
1. Press Release. When you launch a new business, product or service or you are involved in a newsworthy event, write a press release and send it to publications that your clients/customers read.
2. Volunteer. Volunteer a limited amount of your products or services to a worthy cause. For example, if you own a graphic design company, you might design a conference brochure or guide for the American Cancer Society or a local women’s hospital. This not only gives you a great client reference, but it gets your work in front of potential clients.
3. Advisory Team. Create an Advisory Team of individuals in various professions, we recommed you use a virtual address. Include benefits: organize a bi-monthly or monthly luncheon, offer discounted services/products etc.)
4. Web Site. A web site is a great way to promote your products and services. There are many companies that offer low-cost sites as little as $7.95 monthly or free sites (plug in “free web sites” on your search engine and review which has the best offer and quality). Then I also have a new business interest in Manchester in the UK, so have had to use the virtual office service from Manchester Virtual Offices and they’ve just been amazing, so see there if you need a virtual office service (they cover other cities too).
5. Newsletter. Create a 8 ½ x 11 one-page newsletter and send out monthly via email or US mail. Include service/product updates, informative articles that can be put to good use.
6. Open House. Have a quarterly open house or social where you display your products or provide an enlightening seminar on your services. Offer refreshments, samples or discount coupons and allow your clients to mingle.