What it Means to be a Business Middleman
Jordan Sudberg is the CEO and Medical Director of Spine and Sports Rehabilitation, and Pain Management Specialist in Islandia, NY. Sudberg counts on the middleman to get him patients. That would include general practitioners giving their patients referrals to his office.
He has a professional membership in many organizations, and they count on the middleman to help them succeed.
What is a middleman? It is a person between the producers and the buyers. He or she is the source of supply and the point of contact. The Webster’s Dictionary defines it as: “An intermediary or agent between 2 parties”. There are also synonyms for middleman: broker, buffer, conciliator, go-between, honest broker, interceder, intercessor, intermediary, intermediate, interposer, mediator, and peacemaker.
A General Practitioner is the middleman for Dr. Sudberg. A patient sees his or her Primary Care Physician, and gets a referral to Dr. Sudberg. After the referral, the patient is open to receive one or more of Dr. Sudberg’s services, which include:
3. EMG/NCV Testing.
4. Facet Steroid Injections.
5. Injection Therapy.
6. Joint Injections.
7. Massage Therapy.
8. Pain Management.
9. Physical Therapy.
10. Regenerative Medicine.
11. Trigger Point Therapy.
Dr. Sudberg knows the importance of the middleman. Most of the time, a middleman is involved in selling a product. It is rare that a customer buys directly from the producer.
The middleman has certain roles:
1. He or she acts as the intermediary.
2. The middleman brings the product to the customers.
3. The middleman stores the goods.
4. The middleman does the advertising.
5. The middleman gives the producer feedback.
There are 2 major categories of middlemen: wholesaler, and retailer. The wholesaler buys from the producer and sells to the retailer. The retailer sells the products to the general public.
There are ways people can work for themselves being a middleman that Jordan Sudberg recommends:
1. Set up the business. Have a separate phone line, fax machine and e-mail.
2. Know the laws, both on restrictions and taxes.
3. Find a need and solve a problem.
4. Know what customers need.
5. Call people up on the phone.
6. Find suppliers.
7. Get quotes on prices.
8. Add commission to the cost.
9. Keep buyers informed.
Once that is established, Dr. Sudberg recommends:
1. Know the risk.
2. Have variety in the product.
3. Reward loyalty from repeat customers.
4. Make quality a priority.
5. Have a website. Get creative with web design Sydney.
6. Keep a fast pace in exchanges.
7. Be open and responsive.
8. Be flexible.
9. Be honest in business practices.
A middleman earns a commission in the sales, so he or she should mark up prices in order to earn some money.
For those who want to use the internet to start a business, there are many tools:
1. Website Design.
2. Animated Video Production.
3. Graphic Design.
4. Facebook App Development. See .net developers Sydney to know more about app development.
5. Virtual Assistant Services.
6. SEO or marketing.
Dr. Sudberg believes that good, honest, hard work is the way to succeed.